Memorial & Grave Field Marshal John Greer Dill
War Cemetery Arlington stands the monument with the tomb of Field Marshal Sir John Greer Dill.
Sir John Greer Dill was a British commander during the First and Second World Wars. From may 1940 until december 1941 he was Chief of the Imperial General Staff.
Sir John Greer Dill served until his death on 4 november 1944 in Washington.
In 1944 he was awarded posthumously the American Distinguished Service Medal and received an unprecedented joint resolution of Congress in recognition of his services.
Click for more information on the overview at the bottom of the page.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke & Paul Moerenhout
Related WW2Awards.com article
Address and contactinformation
- Roosevelt Drive / Grant Drive
- WWII grade:
This is a part of
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- National Museum of American History
- National Air and Space Museum
Point of interest
- Tree & Memorial U.S. Navy Landing Craft Support Ships (LCS (L) 1-130)
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Tree & Memorial United States Army Military Police Corps
Amongst others, the following persons are buried here or mentioned on the Wall of Missing (Overview)
|Dill, John Greer|
* December 25th, 1881
† November 4th, 1944