Commonwealth War Graves Nunhead
(UK: England - Greater London - London)
All Saints Cemetery in Nunhead (London) contains 578 First World War burials. The majority are in three war graves plots. The graves in the Australian and Canadian plots are marked with individual headstones. The graves in the United Kingdom plot and the remaining war graves scattered throughout the cemetery could not be marked individually; the casualties buried in these graves are therefore commemorated by name on a screen wall inside the main entrance gate to the cemetery. A second screen wall commemorates the 110 Second World War casualties buried in a further war graves and elsewhere in the cemetery whose graves could not be marked by headstones.
Address and contactinformation
- Linden Grove
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Sign Air Raid Shelter Porlock Street
- Royal Air Forces Escaping Society Plaque
- Bomb Damage Southwark Cathedral
- Commonwealth War Graves London Road Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves Tower Hamlets Cemetery
- Memorial Mitcham Road Crematorium