Jewish Historical Museum
The collection of the Jewish Historical Museum consists of more than 13,000 artifacts, ceremonial items and historical objects. A small part of this collection is on display at the museum, many objects are also used for exhibitions. Naturally there are also Second World War-related articles in the collection. Much of this consists of Jewish property stolen by the Germans. This property was in 1946 from Germany via the U.S. Central Collecting Point returned to the Netherlands. Since 1955, a part of it is on display in the museum. On the website of the museum, the entire collection can be seen.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Paul Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1
1011 PL Amsterdam
- +31 (020) 5 310 310
- +31 (020) 5 310 311
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Resistance-museum Amsterdam
- Anne Frank Huis (Anne Frank House) Amsterdam
- Memorial and Museum Hollandsche Schouwburg Amsterdam
Point of interest
- Memorial Former House of Detention 1 Amsterdam
- Memorial Anne Frank Westermarkt Amsterdam
- Memorial Wellington T2879
- Dutch War Grave Crew Fokker T-V 854
- Polish War Graves Amsterdam
- Jewish War Graves Ouderkerk aan de Amstel