277th Volksgrenadier Division Memorial
This simple memorial is located on the spot where on 16 December 1944, at 08:00, the 277 Volksgrenadier Division assaulted the 393. Inf Rgt of the 99th U.S. Infantry Division in the opening phase of the Battle of the Bulge. There are many American foxholes and bomb craters scattered in the vicinity of the memorial.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Defence line of the 18. Volks-Grenadier-Division Kronenburg
- Information Sign Krinkelt-Rocherath
- Foxholes 393th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division)
- Memorial 612th and 801st TD Battalions
- 394th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division) Memorial
- Memorial 2nd Infantry Division