Memorial 99th Infantry Division
(Belgium - Liège - Krinkelt-Rocherath)
Monument dedicated to the soldiers of the 99th 'Checkerboard' Infantry Division for their brave defense of the northern sector during the Battle of the Bulge.
The soldiers of the 99th Infantry Division were called 'Battle Babies' because they were very green.
The memorial is situated near the church of Krinkelt.
- Text: Barry van Veen
- Photos: Barry van Veen (1,2) & Yvonne Tepen (3,4)
Address and contactinformation
- Wahlerscheider Strasse
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Foxholes 393th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division)
- Memorial Site Hasselpath
- Information Sign Krinkelt-Rocherath
- 394th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division) Memorial
- 277th Volksgrenadier Division Memorial
- Memorial 2nd Infantry Division