Memorial 99th Infantry Division
(Belgium - Liège - Krinkelt-Rocherath)
Monument dedicated to the soldiers of the 99th 'Checkerboard' Infantry Division for their brave defense of the northern sector during the Battle of the Bulge. The soldiers of the 99th Infantry Division were called 'Battle Babies' because they were very green.
The memorial is situated near the church of Krinkelt. This monument erected by friends and members of the 99th Infantry Division Association
Text on the monument:
99th Infantry Division World War II
This monument stands in honor of members of the 99th Infantry Division and attached units
who gallantly served and those who died for freedom and in the name of liberty during World
War II in Europe. It is a memorial commemorating their service to mankind.
- Text: Barry van Veen
- Photos: Randy Brandt (1), Barry van Veen (2,3) & Yvonne Tepen (4,5)
Address and contactinformation
- Wahlerscheider Strasse
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Foxholes 393th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division)
- Information Sign Krinkelt-Rocherath
- Memorial Site Hasselpath
- 394th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division) Memorial
- War Memorial Hellenthal
- Memorial 612th and 801st TD Battalions