Memorial 99th Infantry Division
(Belgium - Liège - Krinkelt-Rocherath)
Monument dedicated to the soldiers of the 99th 'Checkerboard' Infantry Division for their brave defense of the northern sector during the Battle of the Bulge.
The soldiers of the 99th Infantry Division were called 'Battle Babies' because they were very green.
The memorial is situated near the church of Krinkelt.
- Text: Barry van Veen
- Photos: Barry van Veen (1,2) & Yvonne Tepen (3,4)
Address and contactinformation
- Wahlerscheider Strasse
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Information Sign Krinkelt-Rocherath
- Foxholes 393th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division)
- Memorial Site Hasselpath
- 394th Infantry Regiment (99th Infantry Division) Memorial
- War Memorial Hellenthal
- Memorial 1st Infantry Division