Breaching of the Leningrad Blockade Museum
(Russia - Northwestern - Kirovsk)
This museum commemorates the lifting of the Siege of Leningrad in 1944 by the Red Army. It houses an immens painted diorama of the last battle of Leningrad, which ended the years of terror on the city and her inhabitans. Outside are a number of tanks used by the Soviet Union during the Second World War.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimedia Commons
Address and contactinformation
- reka Neva
- (81362) 25900
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- National Memorial Neva Bridgehead
- St. George Chapel "Nevsky pyatachok"
- Memorial Russian Railway Employees
- Russian War Cemetery "Nevsky pyatachok"
- National Memorial Sinyavino Heights
- Russian War Cemetery Dubrovka