Memorial Werner Seelenbinder
(Germany - Berlin - Berlin-Neukölln)
This memorial, at Berlin-Neukölln sports-park, commemorates Werner Seelenbinder. He was German wrestling-champion for six times and joined the 1936 Olympic Games. He was involved in the communist resistance-group Uhrig. On 24 October 1944, he was executed at Brandenburg Prison.
The memoriel also commemorates all other German sportsmen who died while they were member of the resistance.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Lienhard Schulz
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Air-Raid Shelter U-Bahn Station Moritzplatz
- Bullet Impacts Altes Zollhaus Berlin
- German War Graves Berlin-Schöneberg
- Mass Grave Victims of Bombardments Hospital
- Russian War Memorial Tiergarten (Sowjetisches Ehrenmal)