Memorial Florence Nightingale
(England - Greater London - London)
Florence Nightingale, OM, RRC (12 May 1820 (Florence, Italy) – 13 August 1910 (Mayfair, London)) was an English nurse and the founder of modern nursing. She became famous during the Crimean War, where she organized the tending to wounded soldiers, and an icon as "The Lady with the Lamp" making rounds along wounded soldiers at night.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Wikimedia Commons
Address and contactinformation
- Waterloo Pl
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Goodge Street (East)
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Clapham South (North)
- Bomb Damage Southwark Cathedral
- Mass Grave Civilian Casualties Shoreditch
- Commonwealth War Graves St Mary R.C. Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves Hampstead Cemetery