Plaque Walter Benjamin
(Germany - Berlin - Berlin-Wilmersdorf)
This plaque commemorates Walter Benjamin who lived here. He was a well-known philosopher and writer. Because he was Jewish, he fled to France in 1933. On 27 September 1940 he committed suicide in Portbou at the French-Spanish border because he was send to the Gestapo.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Wikimedia Commons
Address and contactinformation
- Prinzregentenstraße 66
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Bullet Impacts in Facade National Paintings Museum
- Rotes Rathaus
- Air-raid Shelter Schöneberger Straße
- Symbolic Grave Captain at Sea Ernst Lindemann
- Mass Grave Germans Domfriedhof I
- Mass Grave German Soldiers Dorotheenstädtischer Friedhof
- Stumbling Stones Große Hamburger Straße 30
- Stumbling Stones Leibnizstraße 34
- Stumbling Stones Ludwigkirchplatz 12