Glider Memorial Eerde
This glider replica was unveiled on 8 October 2016. It honors the pilot and ten 82nd Airborne soldiers who landed in their glider near Boxtel on 23 Sept 1944. They all lived to tell the tale and helped liberate Boxtel and Europe.
- Text: Randy Brandt
- Photos: Randy Brandt
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Peace Chapel Son
- Castle Henkenshage - Headquarters 101st Airborne Division
- Information Sign Airborne Walking Trail Sint-Oedenrode
- War Memorial Zuid-Willemsvaart
- Plaque Mobilization of the Dutch 2nd Regiment Hussars
- Liberation Route Marker 128