Shooting Range Twente Airfield
On the old shooting range the weapons and guns of aircraft were tested. Messerschmitts were set at the beginning of the range, with a bullet catcher along the range, catching the bullet in loose sand. There is a remembrance path alongside the range, with personal war time stories in the Fliegerhorst area. The range itself is restored.
- Text: Alex Ossel
- Photos: Alex Ossel
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaques in the memorial garden in Oldenzaal
- Memorial Killed British Soldiers Enschede
- Plaque Killed NS Employees Enschede
- Stumbling Stones Maaierstraat 33
- Stumbling Stone J.P. Sweelinckstraat 14
- Stumbling Stone Nijverheidstraat 2