Museum Mémorial d'Omaha Beach
The 'Museum Mémorial d'Omaha Beach' (Omaha beach memorial museum) is sited where the American naval landing took place on 6 june 1944 at Omaha (called “Bloody Omaha”). Located on Omaha Beach itself, the 1200 m² museum showcases a wonderful collection of uniforms, weapons, personal objects and vehicles. Dioramas, archival photographs, maps and thematic signs, etc..., dive into the heart of the D-Day story.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Mémorial d'Omaha Beach
- Photos: Ewoud van Eig
Address and contactinformation
- Avenue de la Libération
- +33 231219744
- +33 231927280
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- 5-Span bridge section - 507 A-B1
- Orientation Table Mulberry A Colleville-sur-Mer
- M4A4 Sherman Tank Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
- War Memorial Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
- Memorial 2nd Division Omaha Beach
- Memorial 5th Engineer Special Brigade Omaha Beach
- Commonwealth War Grave Colleville-sur-Mer
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Laurent-sur-Mer
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial