Bastogne Barracks (Headquarter Gen. McAuliffe)
(Belgium - Luxembourg - Bastogne)
These barracks were the headquarter of Gen. McAuliffe, commander of the 101st Airborne Division, during the Battle of the Bulge. From here he dedicated his legendary answer "NUTS", on 22 December 1944.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Koninklijk Leger Museum
- Photos: Jeroen Koppes
Address and contactinformation
- Rue de La Roche 26
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- 101st Airborne Museum Le Mess
- Au Pays d’Ardenne Original Museum (1940-1945)
- Bastogne Historical Center
Point of interest
- Memorial 101st Airborne Division
- Plaque William R. Desobry (10th Armored Division)
- Memorial Former American Cemetery Foy