Memorial Zeelst Market Garden
The memorial 'Thunderstrike by clear sky' for victims of Operation Market Garden from Zeelst (Veldhoven) is a statue in the shape of a lightning bolt which strikes the ground. During a ceremony the statue by Wil Dams was unveiled, which specifically commemorates the 19 Zeelster civilians who lost their lives during the Allied bombings of September 17, 1944.
In 2016 the memorial was moved to a new location, in front of the local theatre.
- Text: Lennard Bolijn
- Photos: Lennard Bolijn
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Princess Irene Brigade Viaduct Waalre
- Bullet Impacts "Onze Lieve Vrouw van Lourdeskerk"
- Saint Peter's Basilica Oirschot
- Dutch War Graves R.C. Cemetery St. Antonius
- Collective Grave Civilian Casualties St. Theresia Churchyard
- War Graves Eindhoven Jewish Cemetery
- Stumbling Stone Nicolaas Beetsstraat 5
- Stumbling Stone Geraniumstraat 3
- Stumbling Stones Kleine Berg 63