Memorial Zeelst Market Garden
The memorial 'Thunderstrike by clear sky' for victims of Operation Market Garden from Zeelst (Veldhoven) is a statue in the shape of a lightning bolt which strikes the ground. During a ceremony the statue by Wil Dams was unveiled, which specifically commemorates the 19 Zeelster civilians who lost their lives during the Allied bombings of September 17, 1944.
In 2016 the memorial was moved to a new location, in front of the local theatre.
- Text: Lennard Bolijn
- Photos: Lennard Bolijn
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Collective Grave Civilian Casualties St. Theresia Churchyard
- Dutch War Grave R.C. cemetery St. Antonius-Abt
- Dutch War Graves R.C. Cemetery Aalst
- Stumbling Stone Petrus Dondersstraat 22
- Stumbling Stones Willem de Zwijgerstraat 44
- Stumbling Stone Pioenroosstraat 11