War Memorial Mariana Islands
(Micronesia - Saipan - Garepan)
This memorial commemorates the 24.000 American marines and soldiers who fell between 15 June 1944 and 11 August 1944 on the islands of Saipan, Tinian and Guam. The inscription on the memorial reads:
"THIS MEMORIAL HAS BEEN ERECTED BY
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
IN HUMBLE TRIBUTE TO ITS SONS
WHO PAID THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
FOR THE LIBERATION OF THE MARIANAS."
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: American Battle Monuments Commission
Address and contactinformation
- Micro Beach Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Japanse Air Raid Shelter Former Japanese Hospital Garapan
- War Damage Spanish Church Tower Garapan
- Suicide Cliff Saipan
- Memorial U.S. 27th Infantry Divison (Saipan)
- Okinawa Peace Memorial
- Memorial Japanese War Victims Mid Pacific