(Belgium - Antwerp - Maria ter Heide)
This belgian artillery fortress is part of the 'Stelling van Antwerpen'. Between 1937 and 1939, this fort was connected with neightbour fortresses in Kapellen and 's-Gravenwezel by the 'Antwerpese anti-tank ditch'.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimedia Commons
Address and contactinformation
Maria ter Heide
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial Gooreind
- Memorial De Schelde in Merksem
- Liberation Memorial with Anti-aircraft Gun Wuustwezel
- Graves Civil Victims Achterbroek
- Graves Civilian Casualties Schilde
- Graves Civilian Casualties Gooreind