Remains G-Casemate Werk aan de Groeneweg
These Dutch casemate, part of the New Dutch Water Line, had originally a cast steel dome, with a wall thickness of 14 cm. The shelter had a base-size of 6.5 to 6.5 meters. The shelters were build in 1939 and 1940.
In 1941, almost all the domes were removed by the German occupiers, often by using explosives which seriously damaged the rest. There are just a few casemates which still have their dome.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Commonwealth War Grave (Protestant Churchyard)
- Commonwealth War Grave Vreeswijk
- Dutch War Grave Beesd
- Stumbling Stones Nieuwstraat 42
- Stumbling Stones Oude Vismarkt 10 bis
- Stumbling Stone Tollenstraat 7