Memorial Civilians Groesbeek
Monument for the citizens of Groesbeek.
The text on the plate:
The second world war brought also the citizens of Groesbeek many sorrow.
In September 1944 they had to fled for al the war violence, that had already made some casualties.
With the return in the spring of 1945 everything was destroyed. the abandoned vehicles killed and injured afterworth many people.
The rebuilding under poor circumstances took many years.
The citizens of today remember with this monument the citizens of then.
- Text: Marcel Jans
- Photos: Marcel Jans
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- H. Lambertus and St. Brigida Church Middelaar
- Certificate 25th Anniversary Liberation Museum Groesbeek
- Memorial Transfer Memorial Park Groesbeek
- Remembrance Stone 707th Company
- War Memorial Berg en Dal
- Monument 82nd Airborne Division and the 1st Canadian Army