Memorial Bench Lonsdale Force
At the Old Church in Oosterbeek is this memorial bench. It commemorates the Lonsdale Force which defended this part of the Oosterbeek perimeter during the Battle of Arnhem.
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- Benedendorpsweg 134
6862 WP Oosterbeek
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Historical Collection Regiment Van Heutsz
- Historical Museum Grenadiers and Hunters
- Airborne Museum 'Hartenstein'
Point of interest
- Information Panel Perimeter Route no. 7
- Information Panel Battle of Arnhem - Culvert under the Railway
- Crash location Stirling LJ988
- Memorial Stirling LJ928 and RAF service men
- Childrens Memorial "Liberation"
- Battle Marker 3 - 156th Battalion