(Belgium - West Flanders - Roeselare)
In the Sint-Hubrechtsstraat, near number 51, is a German bunker from the Second World War. It is located next to a large house dating from 1897.
In the Second World War the Germand build a bunker in this house. It was used foor communications and wasmade of concrete walls with a thickness of 1 meter. There was also a room for two machine-guns.
- Text: Rino Deltombe
- Photos: Rino Deltombe
Address and contactinformation
- Sint-Hubrechtsstraat 51
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Commonwealth War Cemetery Dadizeele New
- Commonwealth War Grave Slypskapelle
- Grave Achiel Lefever Lichtervelde
- This is a strange one that i didn't know of.
However this type of bunker can also be found in France, La Manche district, at St.-Vaast-la-Hogue where about 4 bunkers of this type are build into the sea wall.
I can see that this bunker makes part of a bigger bunker complex from witch we can only see a full wall, probably the back of it.
- By: Erwin
- City: Lede
- Date and time: 24-08-2009 12:03:02
- Ranking: 5 out of 5 stars