Plaques 291st Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division
(Belgium - Luxembourg - Grand-Halleux)
This plaque commemmorates the 291st Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division and the civilians who were killed in the Battle of the Bulge. It is located on the wall surrounding the church.
The text as mentioned below can be read on the two yellow plaques on the left and right hand side of the bronze plaque in the middle which carries the equivalent in English.
Grand Halleux, Belgium
To those gaillant American soldiers
and stalwart Belgian citizens
who gave their lives in
the Battle of the Bulge
Give them, Lord, eternal rest
291st Infantry Regiment, 75th Division
UNITED STATES ARMY
* * *
- Text: Mia van den Berg & Kees Jan Koster
- Photos: Mia van den Berg
Address and contactinformation
- Rue Capitaine Lekeux
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Bullet Holes in War Memorial Stoumont
- Plaques Historical Museum December 1944
- American Half-track Stavelot
- Memorial 517th Parachute Infantry Regiment
- Monument Civilian Victims Trois Ponts
- Plaque bridge Stavelot