Piper Bill Millin Memorial
Bill Millin was the personal piper of Lord Lovat, commander of 1 Special Service Brigade at D-Day. After landing on Sword Beach the 1 Special Service Brigade advanced to Pegasus Bridge to relieve the 2nd Battalion Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry of the 6th Airborne Division.
- Text: Barry van Veen
- Photos: Barry van Veen
Address and contactinformation
- Boulevard Maritime
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial 51st Highland Division Bréville-les-Monts
- 9th Battalion memorial stele
- Monument 2nd Battalion, The King's Shropshire Light Infantry
- Commonwealth War Cemetery Ranville
- Commonwealth War Graves Merville-Franceville-Plage
- Commonwealth War Graves Ranville