No. 4 Commando stele
(France - Basse-Normandie - Amfreville)
"He either fears his faith too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dare not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all.
If you follow the dirt road on the left side of the stele after about 200 meters an information panel can be found on the right side of the dirt road. From here you have a wonderful view of Sword Beach and the hinterland and you can imagine the strategic value of this hard fought ridgeline.
- Text: Barry van veen
- Photos: Peter Bijster
Address and contactinformation
- Place Colonel Dawson
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial Brigade Piron Varaville
- Memorial 7th Light Infantry Battalion Bénouville
- Memorial Brigade Piron Sallenelles
- Commonwealth War Grave Bavent
- Commonwealth War Grave Saint-Samson
- Commonwealth War Graves Ouistreham