9th Battalion memorial stele
"From this crossroads on the night of 5/6th june 1944 the 9th Battalion of the British Parachute Regiment reduced to 150 men and deprived of most of its weapons and equipment but united behind its commanding officer Lt-Col T Otway departed to assault and capture the Merville Battery."
- Text: Barry van Veen
- Photos: Peter Bijster
- BARBER, N., The Day the Devils Dropped in, Pen & Sword Books Limited, Barnsley, England, 2010.
Address and contactinformation
- Rue des Banques
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial Major Strafford Ranville
- Memorial Brigade Piron Varaville
- Memorial Major Roseveare La Dives
- Commonwealth War Graves Ouistreham
- Commonwealth War Graves Bénouville
- Commonwealth War Grave Escoville