(Poland - Pomeranian - Gdynia)
The Torpedowaffenplatz Hexengrund was a former Luftwaffe torpedo research facility during the period of 1942 till 1945. The building was officially opened on 2 April 1942. In April 1945, Torpedowaffenplatz Hexengrund served as refugee camp for thousands of wounded and refugees. On 5 May 1945, 3.500 persons were evacuated with Schnellboten to the mainland. The Red army occupied the facility on 6 May 1945.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Leszek Pietrukaniec
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial Killed Foresters Gdynia
- Memorial Stone Polish 1st Armoured Brigade
- Memorial Polish Soldiers Coastal Battery "Canet"