Au Pays d’Ardenne Original Museum (1940-1945)
(Belgium - Luxembourg - Bastogne)
Collections: ancient tools, regional zoology, war.
Discover the Ardennes: the Battle of the Bulge, ancient professions, the zoology.
Unique collections: arms, documents and unusual objects describe the life of German and American soldiers during the war.
Guided tours on request at the curator's, except during the high season and public holidays.
For current visiting hours, please contact the museum.
- Text: Bart Geraerts
- Photos: Marcel Jans (1,3), Yvonne Stock Tepen (2,4) & Steven van Hemelen (5)
Address and contactinformation
- Rue de Neufchâteau 20
- +32 (0) 61 21 49 11
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Bastogne Barracks (Headquarter Gen. McAuliffe)
- 101st Airborne Museum Le Mess
- Bastogne Historical Center
Point of interest
- Plaque William R. Desobry (10th Armored Division)
- Memorial Corporal Emile Cady
- Liberty Road - Kilometre 1145
- Incredible collection of WW1 and WW2 stuff. Very worth to see. Extremely friendly personal who is thanksful for a small talk. Besides the military stuff there is a great collection of area craftsman tools and preserved animals. Just great!!!
There is also a little militaria store selling helmets, bayonets, personal equipment, inert grenates a.s.o.
- By: Harald Hülsemann
- City: Loxstedt-Nesse
- Date and time: 12-08-2007 11:06:18