Arnhem War Museum '40-'45
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Arnhem)
In May 1994 the Arnhem Warmuseum '40-'45 opened it's doors for the first time to the public. For decades we gathered a collection of weapons , uniforms and other objects which gave a good image of what the daily life was like during that time. They are now housed in the former villageschool of Schaarsbergen.
The Arnhem Warmuseum '40-'45 besides a general image, gives as much as possible a detailed image of what was happening around Arnhem and it's enviroment during the war period.
The purpose of this private museum is to keep the memory of this important episode in history alive and to preserve a unique collection for posterity.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Arnhems Oorlogsmuseum '40-'45 & Barry van Veen
- Photos: Alex Ossel
Address and contactinformation
- Kemperbergerweg 780
6816 RX Arnhem
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Information-Centre Battle of Arnhem
- Historical Museum Grenadiers and Hunters
- Airborne Museum 'Hartenstein'
Point of interest
- Plaque 1st Border Regiment Westerbouwing
- War Memorial Elden
- Battle Marker 6 - 16th Para. Field Ambulance