Deutsches Panzermuseum Munster / German Tank Museum Munster
(Germany - Niedersachsen - Münster)
The German tank museum in Munster shows the origin and evolution of German tanks, from 1916 to present. There are many famous models tanks from World War II. Outside the tanks from the Second World War, there are several very interesting modern tanks on display.
This museum is a must for people who are interested in tanks.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Paul Moerenhout
- Photos: Jeroen Koppes (1), Cor Mehlkop (2) & Alex Ossel (3, 4, 5)
Address and contactinformation
- Hans-Kruger Strasse 33
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Visited this museum in 2014 when the Tiger tank was there. I believe the Tiger is within their collection until 2015.
The route through the museum starts at WW1. Several tanks and replica's are to be seen, including a very rare replica of the A7V.
Then continues with WW2 tanks, as said including the Tiger 1 and Tiger 2 as also other rare tanks.
Then there are a lot post war tanks, including the Merkava.
Outside you can enter an M60 tank, it's very nice to do !
This museum is excellent.
- By: Ronald Snip
- City: Harlingen
- Date and time: 20-05-2015 07:37:51
- Ranking: 5 out of 5 stars
- Absolutely fantastic museum with some very important exhibits, particularly he WWII collection.
Point to remember - Munster is near Soltau, not near Osnabruck, as we first thought. A difference of some 250KM!
- By: Bob Sloan
- City: Amsterdam
- Date and time: 18-05-2005 17:49:17
- One of the best tank museums in the world ! If you could visit it then do it !
Our impressions from 25th september 2004 you my find here :
- By: Jan-Hendrik
- City: Wienhausen
- Date and time: 02-01-2005 22:13:24