Hotel De Wereld (Hotel the World) Wageningen
Hotel de Wereld (in English "Hotel the World"), is located in Wageningen. On this location, the German army in occupied Holland capitulate on the 5th and 6th May 1945.
The German general Blaskowitz surrendered to the Canadian General Charles Foulkes. This meant that occupied Netherlands would finally emerged from the Nazi occupiers.
- Text: Stichting Nationaal Erfgoed Hotel De Wereld
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze (1) & Anneke Moerenhout (2,3,4,5)
Address and contactinformation
- 5 Mei Plein
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Betuws War Museum "The Island" 1944-1945
- Maas and Waal Museum 1939-1945
- The Liberation Hall Wageningen