Commonwealth War Graves Gibraltar
The majority of the men who lost their lives while at Gibraltar during the 1939-1945 War are buried on North Front Cemetery in Gibraltar. Most of their graves are in two adjacent plots at the northern end of the cemetery, but some are also scattered in other parts, like the graves from the First World War. The cemetery contains 694 Commonwealth war graves. Of these, by far most are from the Second World War.
Click for more information on the overview at the bottom of the page.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Devils Tower Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Winston Churchill Aveneu Gibraltar
- Former Military Hospital Gibraltar
- British Air Raid Shelter Gibraltar
- Dutch War Grave Gibraltar
- Polish War Graves Gibraltar
- Commonwealth Memorial to the Missing Gibraltar
Amongst others, the following persons are buried here or mentioned on the Wall of Missing (Overview)
† January 21st, 1942
Plot: 2 Row: B Grave: 4