Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Otto Weidt’s Workshop for the Blind
- Bezirksmuseum Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
- German Historical Museum (Zeughaus Berlin)
Point of interest
- German War Graves Georgen-Parochial-Friedhof II
- Jewish cemetery Weissensee
- Invalidenfriedhof (Invalids' Cemetery)
- Stumbling Stones Wrangelstraße 18
- Stumbling Stones Samariterstraße 1
- Stumbling Stones Tucholskystraße 41