Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Bullet and Grenade Impacts Grave Memorials Georgen-Parochial-Friedhof II
- Bullet Impacts Grave Memorials Invalidenfriedhof
- Mass Grave Geman Resistance Fighters Berlin
- Jewish cemetery Weissensee
- German War Graves Berlin-Friedrichswerderscher