Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Grave Carl von Ossietzky
- Temporary Grave Executed 20 July 1944
- German War Graves Dorotheenstädtischer Friedhof
- Stumbling Stones Liebenwalder Straße 40
- Stumbling Stones Geisbergstraße 41
- Stumbling Stones Rosenthaler Straße 48