Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial Commemorating Concentration Camps
- The Deserted Room (Der Verlassene Raum)
- Plaque Wolfgang Thiess
- Mass Grave German Soldiers & Civilian Casulaties Invalidenfriedhof
- Jewish Cemetery Schönhauser Allee
- German War Graves Dorotheenstädtischer Friedhof
- Stumbling Stones Weitlingstraße 24
- Stumbling Stone Jablonskistraße 20
- Stumbling Stone Mulackstraße 26