Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- German Historical Museum (Zeughaus Berlin)
- Berliner Unterwelten (Air Raid Shelter Brunnenstraße)
Point of interest
- German War Graves Weißensee
- German War Graves Pankow VII
- Mass Grave Geman Resistance Fighters Berlin
- Stumbling Stones Heinrich-Roller-Straße 10
- Stumbling Stones Königstraße 29
- Stumbling Stone Eisenacher Straße 80