Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Silent Heroes Memorial Centre
- Jüdisches Museum Berlin (Jewish Museum Berlin)
- Berlin-Hohenschönhausen Memorial Museum
Point of interest
- Jewish cemetery Weissensee
- Temporary Grave Executed 20 July 1944
- Russian War Graves St. Hedwig - St. Pius (Berlin)
- Stumbling Stones Große Hamburger Straße 31
- Stumbling Stones Isländische Straße 17
- Stumbling Stone Marienstraße 15