Großer Bunkerberg (Flakturm Friedrichshain)
This 78 meter high hill (Großer Bunkerberg) is located in Volkspark Frieddrichshain and is the result of the demolition of the Flakturm that stood here. After it was blown up, the bunker was covered with sand and debris. An information panel is standing at the feet of this hill.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz (1,2) & Bundesarchiv (3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Jüdisches Museum Berlin (Jewish Museum Berlin)
- Otto Weidt’s Workshop for the Blind
- Silent Heroes Memorial Centre
Point of interest
- Russian War Memorial (Tiergarten)
- Russian War Graves St. Hedwig - St. Pius (Berlin)
- German War Graves Rummelsburg