Commonwealth War Graves Islington Cemetery
Islington Cemetery contains 344 First World War graves and 265 from the Second World War, all scattered throughout the cemetery. A screen wall in the western part bears the names of those whose graves could not be marked individually, together with the names of two casualties from the Second World War whose remains were cremated at Islington Crematorium.
The memorial contains 275 names from World War I and 130 names from World War II.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Martin Addison
Address and contactinformation
- High Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Underground Air Raid Shelter Kingsland Road
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Belsize Park (South)
- St Nicholas Cole Abbey Church
- War Memorial St. Michael Church
- War Memorial Prudential Assurance Company
- War Memorial St James the Less Church
- Commonwealth War Graves St Mary Church Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves Abney Park Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves New Southgate Cemetery