Commonwealth War Graves Islington
Islington Cemetery contains 344 First World War graves and 265 from the Second World War, all scattered throughout the cemetery. A screen wall in the western part bears the names of those whose graves could not be marked individually, together with the names of two casualties from the Second World War whose remains were cremated at Islington Crematorium.
The memorial contains 275 names from World War I and 130 names from World War II.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Martin Addison
Address and contactinformation
- High Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Inns of Court and City Yeomanry Museum
- Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum
- Household Cavalry Museum
Point of interest
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Camden Town (North)
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Belsize Park (North)
- Royal Air Forces Escaping Society Plaque
- Statue Field Marshall Montgomery
- Plaque Stoke Newington Borough Council
- Plaque 'Appel du 18 Juin' Londen
- Commonwealth War Graves St Andrew Churchyard
- Dutch War Cemetery Mill Hill
- Commonwealth War Graves Mill Hill