Commonwealth War Graves Islington Cemetery
Islington Cemetery contains 344 First World War graves and 265 from the Second World War, all scattered throughout the cemetery. A screen wall in the western part bears the names of those whose graves could not be marked individually, together with the names of two casualties from the Second World War whose remains were cremated at Islington Crematorium.
The memorial contains 275 names from World War I and 130 names from World War II.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Martin Addison
Address and contactinformation
- High Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Air-Raid Shelter Harringay Flyover
- Bomb Damage Southwark Cathedral
- Admiralty Headquarters (Admiralty Citadel)
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Andrew New Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves Willesden New Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Grave All Hallows by the Tower Church