Commonwealth War Graves Islington Cemetery
Islington Cemetery contains 344 First World War graves and 265 from the Second World War, all scattered throughout the cemetery. A screen wall in the western part bears the names of those whose graves could not be marked individually, together with the names of two casualties from the Second World War whose remains were cremated at Islington Crematorium.
The memorial contains 275 names from World War I and 130 names from World War II.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Martin Addison
Address and contactinformation
- High Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Britain at War Experience
- Inns of Court and City Yeomanry Museum
- Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum
Point of interest
- Underground Air Raid Shelter Kingsland Road
- Air-Raid Shelter Harringay Flyover
- Repaired Bomb Damage St Etheldreda's Church
- Memorial Captain Charles Algernon Fryatt
- Memorial Civilian Casualties Abney Park Cemetery
- War Memorial Palmers Green
- Mass Grave Civilian Casualties Shoreditch
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Pancras Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves Holy Trinity Churchyard