Commonwealth War Graves City of London
(UK: England - Greater London - London)
City of London Cemetery contains 739 Commonwealth war graves. Of these, most are from the Second World War. Many of the soldiers buried here died in Bethnal Green Military Hospital. The Screen Wall at the back of the War Graves Plot commemorates by name those buried in the plot or in graves elsewhere in the cemetery, which could not be marked by headstones and those who were cremated in the City of London Crematorium.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Address and contactinformation
- Aldersbrook Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Sign Air Raid Shelter Lee High Road
- Sign Air Raid Shelter Ladywell Road
- Bom Damage Wall Lee High Road
- Commonwealth War Graves Marlow Road Jewish Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves St Mary and All Saints Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Grave St John the Baptist Churchyard