Canadian War Cemetery Bergen op Zoom
On this cemetery are 1,116 (mostly Canadian) soldiers from World War Two buried. There is also a Dutch pilot in service of the R.A.F buried there, 1st Luitenant Airman J.G.C. Koes.
Close to the cemetery is the British War cemetery.
Click for more information on the overview at the bottom of the page.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- Ruytershoveweg 1
4622 RJ Bergen op Zoom
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Former Synagogue Bergen op Zoom
- M4 Sherman Tank Woensdrecht
- R.C. Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Bergen op Zoom
- Liberation Monument Moerstraten
- Plaque Sabotage Commander Dutch Resistance
- Memorial Anton van Duinkerken
- Belgian War Graves Bergen op Zoom
- Commonwealth War Cemetery Bergen op Zoom
- Dutch War Graves Steenbergen
Amongst others, the following persons are buried here or mentioned on the Wall of Missing (Overview)
|Lane, John Napier|
|Osborne, Leonard Frank|
† October 7th, 1944
Plot: 3 Row: B Grave: 7
|Rioux, Arthur Joseph|
† October 13th, 1944
Plot: 3 Row: B Grave: 4