Canadian War Cemetery Bergen op Zoom
On this cemetery are 1,116 (mostly Canadian) soldiers from World War Two buried. There is also a Dutch pilot in service of the R.A.F buried there, 1st Luitenant Airman J.G.C. Koes.
Close to the cemetery is the British War cemetery.
Click for more information on the overview at the bottom of the page.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- Ruytershoveweg 1
4622 RJ Bergen op Zoom
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- M4A4 Sherman Tank Woensdrecht
- R.C. Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Bergen op Zoom
- Location Tent Camp Belgian Refugees Plein 13 Bergen op Zoom
- Dutch War Grave R.C. Begraafplaats Bergen op Zoom
- Polish War Graves Bergen op Zoom
- Dutch War Graves Steenbergen
Amongst others, the following persons are buried here or mentioned on the Wall of Missing (Overview)
|Koes, Johannes Godert Casper|
* September 27th, 1919
† February 3rd, 1945
Plot: A Row: 6 Grave: 5
|Lambert, Herbert Owen Meredith|
* June 26th, 1912
Plot: 12 Row: D Grave: 11
|Reid, Edward James|
† October 6th, 1944
Plot: 1 Row: E Grave: 4