Memorial 199 Resistance members Zuid-Kennemerland
The monument is located in an area which is not freely accessible to the public. It is close to a small lake that is located right behind the dunes.
The silence is incredible and you can not imagine that at this location 199 members of the resistance were killed. Near the monument is also the location where the famous Hannie Schaft was killed by German fire. The exact location is difficult to determine because of the fact that part of the area is now under water.
Strangely enough, in the wide circumference there is no note or marking to find the monuments. The idea is that this is a piece of forgotten history.
- Text: Ewoud van Eig
- Photos: Ewoud van Eig
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Remains Schnellboot Bunker "A"
- Torpedo Storage Bunker Bpt.77
- Festung IJmuiden - Küver 451a (W.N. 63 "Mammut")
- Plaque Raid Beverwijk
- Memorial 9 Resistance members Zuid-Kennemerland
- Memorial Executions Zuid-Kennemerland
- Grave Dutch Airman Bloemendaal
- Commonwealth War Grave Bloemendaal
- Dutch Honorary Cemetery Bloemendaal