The hall in this building was used after the First World War al a memorial hall for the victims of that war. During the Nazi-era is was turned into a hall of frame for the heroes and in the GDR-times it was the memorial-place for the victims of fascism and militarism.
Since 1993 the hall is the official memorial of Germany to commemorate the victims of war and tyranny.
In the building is a copy of the appealing sculpture “Mutter mit Totem Sohn" (Mother with Her Dead Son) of Käthe Kollwitz.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- Unter den Linden
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- German Historical Museum (Zeughaus Berlin)
- Stiftung Topographie des Terrors (Topography of Terror)
- Anne Frank Centre
Point of interest
- Stumbling Stone Bregenzer Straße 16
- Stumbling Stones Czarnikauer Straße 12
- Stumbling Stones Große Hamburger Straße 29