Bunker 1 / The Little Red House Auschwitz
(Poland - Lesser Poland - Oswiecim)
On this site stood Bunker l, named "The Little Red House".
The former peasants cottage had originally four rooms, these were converted into two gaschambers. The Zyklon B gas was thrown through an opening of 30 x 40 centimeters, after which the opening was sealed with valves.
In this bunker about 400 people were killed in one time.
This bunker was inaugurated in March 1942.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Paul & Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque Death Block KZ Auschwitz
- Plaque British Prisoners of War Stalag 715 VIIIB
- Memorial Victims of Fascism Auschwitz