Air Raid Shelter Rütscher Straße
(Germany - Nordrhein-Westfalen - Aachen)
This air raid shelter (in German: Hochbunker) is situated at the Rütscher Straße and the Forsterstraße. During bombardements people could find shelter here.
The bunker was also used as headquarters for the German defense of Aachen and here they surrendered on 21 October 1944 after a long fight.
Both sides of this large bunker face a different street. The bunker has many large impacts from the fights.
The plaque is part of the project “Wege Gegen Das Vergessen” (Ways Against Forgetting).
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- Rütscher Straße + Forsterstraße
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Graves Civilian Casualties Bombardment 11 April 1944 (Waldfriedhof)
- Remembrance Texts German Fallen Haaren
- German War Graves Brand
- Stumbling Stone Jos Francotteweg 5
- Stumbling Stones Maastrichterlaan 153
- Stumbling Stones Adalbertstraße 33