Commonwealth War Graves Wimille
(France - Nord-Pas de Calais - Wimille)
Wimille Communal Cemetery contains seven Commonwealth burials of the Second World War.
There was heavy fighting over the area in 1940, and Wimille was devastated when the garrison at Boulogne fought a very gallant delaying action to cover the withdrawal of the British Expeditionary Force to Dunkirk, holding out from May 22nd to May 25th. There was fighting in Wimille again in 1944 before it was liberated.
- Text: Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Photos: Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Address and contactinformation
- Rue du Cimetière
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Musée historique de la Seconde Guerre mondiale d'Ambleteuse
- Musée du Mur de L'Atlantique "Batterie Todt"
- Commonwealth War Graves Pernes-lès-Boulogne
- Commonwealth War Graves Marquise
- Commonwealth War Graves Terlincthun