Liberation Memorial Brest
This memorial is standing on the Garrison Cemetery in Brest and commemorates the liberation of this city in 1944 by the Red Army and the Soviet soldiers who fell during the fighting in 1944. Brest saw heavy fighting in 1941, when Soviet troops heroically defended the city and fortress.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Sergey Semenov
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial Fallen Russian Soldiers Klejniki
- Monument 2nd Company - 18th Battalion
- Alley of the Heroes Brest
- Mass Grave Victims National Socialism Brest
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Terespol
- Mass Grave Jewish Victims Brest