Fort 43a "Podchruście"
(Poland - Lesser Poland - Kraków)
This fort was constructed from 1896 to 1902 as part of the Austro-Hungarian Festung Krakau and is located on top of a hill west of Krakow.
The fort was blown up by retreating German troops during the Battle of Kraków in 1945.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: M.S. Zybalski
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Museum of the Home Army
- Terror Museum 1939-1945-1956 Cracow
- Air Raid Shelter LS-Deckungsgraben Reichsstr. Nr. 2
Point of interest
- Abandoned Anti-aircraft Gun Fort 43a "Podchruście"
- Remains Wall Jewish Ghetto Cracow
- Former Gestapo Prison 'Malowany Dwor'
- Memorial Deportation-location Cracow Ghetto
- Plaque Kazimierz Kolaczkowski
- Memorial Victims KL Płaszów
- Polish War Graves (RAF) Cracow
- Mass Grave Resistance Members Cracow
- Polish War Graves Cracow (Rakowicki)