Fort 43a "Podchruście"
(Poland - Lesser Poland - Kraków)
This fort was constructed from 1896 to 1902 as part of the Austro-Hungarian Festung Krakau and is located on top of a hill west of Krakow.
The fort was blown up by retreating German troops during the Battle of Kraków in 1945.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: M.S. Zybalski
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Museum Jewish Ghetto Cracow 'Apteka "Pod Orlem"
- Oskar Schindler's Emalia Works
- Galicia Jewish Museum
Point of interest
- Bullet Impacts Hostel Renesans
- Former Warehouses Station Kraków-Plaszow
- Abandoned Anti-aircraft Gun Fort 43a "Podchruście"
- Mass Grave Victims National Socialism Cracow
- Graves Civilian Victimes CWGC Krakau
- Polish War Graves Cracow