Desinfections Anstalt 1
After the battle of Berlin, the inhabitants were plagued by (epidemic) diseases.This building was used for coordination and treat sick inhabitants. Also former German prisoners of war who were interned for years in the Soviet Union were treated upon arrival here in Berlin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz
Address and contactinformation
- Ohlauer Straße 43
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Bezirksmuseum Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
- German Historical Museum (Zeughaus Berlin)
Point of interest
- Air-raid Shelter Albrechtstraße
- St. Thomas Kirche
- Bullet Impacts Grave Memorials Dorotheenstädtischer Friedhof
- German War Graves Georgen-Parochial-Friedhof II
- German War Graves Alter Friedrichsfelder Friedhof
- Invalidenfriedhof (Invalids' Cemetery)
- Stumbling Stones Prenzlauer Allee 200
- Stumbling Stones Strausberger Straße 39
- Stumbling Stones Pappelallee 12