Fort Sabina Willemstad
Fort Sabina was in World War II as a hideout place, that was used by many.
In 1944 this was the hidden place for the local residents of Heijningen.
The fort was on the night of 21-01-1945 attacked by a German patrol. During the firefight, two Canadians were taken POW. One Canadian was seriously injured and died in the hospital in Dirksland.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Fortweg 1
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Former Powder Magazine Bastion Utrecht Willemstad
- Gibson & Warwick street Steenbergen
- Fort Orange Heijningen
- Plaque The South Alberta Regiment of Canada
- Memorial Crash Mosquito KB 267
- Memorial to commemorate Guy Gibson
- Collective Grave Civilian Casualties Fijnaart (Prot. Cemetery)
- Grave Albert Postma Steenbergen
- Graves Civilian Casualties Numansdorp