Mass Grave Chinese Sailors Kolebra Bèrdè
At the cemetery in Kolebra Bèrdè in Kas Chikitu, intended for unbelievers, a mass grave for 15 Chinese merchant men who were shot dead during a demonstration on 20 April 1942. In the shooting also 40 men were wounded.
They demonstrated since February 1942 against the poor security of the Chinese sailors on merchant ships. When they were torpedoed, they had often no chance to survive. Because of the wartime demonstration was strictly forbidden.
Nowadays the cemetery is the National Memorial of Curaçao. Sadly it is closed often.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- Weg naar Westpunt
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Remembrance Carillon Curaçao Museum
- Remembrance Memorial 'Lady of Abundance'
- Memorial Commonwealth War Graves Curaçao and Aruba
- Dutch War Graves Kolebra Bèrdè
- Commonwealth War Graves Willemstad
- Dutch War Graves Military Cemetery Curaçao