Rif Fort Curaçao
This fortress is built in 1829, to defend Otrabanda and the entrance of St. Anna Bay.
In World War II, it became operaionel again. It was equipped with two 37mm-machineguns. The movable chain between the Rif Fort and the Waterfort was also re-used, now against German U-boats.
Nowadays the Riffort contains restaurants and shops.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- Gouveneur van Slobbeweg
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Remembrance Carillon Curaçao Museum
- Memorial Commonwealth War Graves Curaçao and Aruba
- War Memorial Curaçao
- Mass Grave Chinese Sailors Kolebra Bèrdè
- Dutch War Grave R.C. Cemetery Willemstad
- Dutch War Graves Military Cemetery Curaçao