Chapel of Peace Melderslo
(Netherlands, the - Limburg - Melderslo)
This chapel of peace was built by Mathijs Claassens immediatly after the capitulation of the Netherlands in May 1940. With a rosary everyday the protection by the holy Mary was proclaimed for Melderslo - and they received it.
The chapel of peace is still on the triangular shaped piece of ground at the road from Melderslo to Broekhuizen, near the intersection with the railway-line Venlo - Nijmegen. The chapel is now maintained by Math Claassens, a son of Herman and grandson of "Claassen Ties" (1891 - 1964). The original chapel in Montfoort is still there too.
- Text: Chris Claassens
- Photos: Chris Claassens (1) & Marcel Jans (2,3)
Address and contactinformation
- Broekhuizerdijk 53
5962 NL Melderslo
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.