Maas and Waal Museum 1939-1945
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Winssen)
The Maas and Waal museum is a private initiative. Originally it was a private collection wich is on permanent exhibition since 1993. The collection has arisen from a general interest for the Second World War.
In our museum you find a varied documentation with photograph's, cards, posters, uniforms and other equipment pieces. Furthermore there are numerous objects which are typical for the period and/or region.
Also the museum has its own documentation centre and a vast library where one can conduct investigation to the history of the Second World War himself. Because of this the museum is certainly worth a visit.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Maas en Waal Museum 1939-1945
- Photos: Tessa de Jong
Address and contactinformation
- Molenstraat 18
6645 BT Winssen
- +31 0487-523701
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Liberation Route Marker 1
- Monument Evacuation 'De Boldershof'
- Memorial 101st Airborne Division and Belgium 1st Brigade
- Collective Grave Victims Bombing of Nijmegen
- Commonwealth War Graves Opheusden
- Commonwealth War Grave Batenburg