Airborne Memorial Ginkelse Heide
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Ede)
Ginkel Heath near Ede was one of the dropzones for the Airborne Soldiers. On 18 September 1944 the 4th Parachute Brigade landed here to take part in the Battle to Arnhem. The dropzone was defended by the 7th Kings Own Scottish Borderers.
- Text: Fedor de Vries / Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- Verlengde Arnhemseweg (N224)
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Betuws War Museum "The Island" 1944-1945
- The Liberation Hall Wageningen
- Exhibition Glider Collection Wolfheze