Remnants RAF Fersfield / Winfarthing
These Nissen huts were part of the USAAF airforce base RAF Fersfield (voorheen RAF Winfarthing), which was operational in World War II. It closed in 1946 but the roadsigns are still there.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Richard Rice
Address and contactinformation
- The Street
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial (WWII and Korea) Rickinghall Inferior Church
- War Memorial Blo' Norton
- War Memorial St. Andrew Church
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Michael and All Angels Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Grave St. John the Baptist Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Grave St. Mary Churchyard