Remnants RAF Fersfield / Winfarthing
These Nissen huts were part of the USAAF airforce base RAF Fersfield (voorheen RAF Winfarthing), which was operational in World War II. It closed in 1946 but the roadsigns are still there.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Richard Rice
Address and contactinformation
- The Street
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial Mellis Church
- Roll of Honour All Saints Church
- War Memorial (WWII and Korea) Rickinghall Inferior Church
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Remigius Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Grave All Saints Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Grave St. Mary Churchyard